Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Morning

Sweetie and I are hanging out in the kitchen right now. Chris Tomlin is playing on the speakers; strong thunderstorms rolled through the neighborhood last night and so the morning is cloudy and it looks a little damp out there. Cary is making breakfast for us and just served me a glass of OJ. How sweet! Yumm, I'm hungry. What a nice way to start a Sunday morning! :)

This seems like the longest month of my life. "Month" being measured by the time between doctors appointments. Still no kicking or really any movement that I'm aware of. No ultrasounds or sounds of a heart beat. Some days I look down at the growing belly and wonder if I'm still pregnant or if the baby is alive. I think I've felt this way before (there goes those dormant brain cells again). We head to the beach this coming weekend and my next doctors appointment is scheduled for a few days after we return. That will be comforting to know everything is okay and still going as planned.

This morning I told Cary that I wanted our baby to come NOW and I don't want to have to wait until February. His response "Well that would be nice but not possible. You'll just have to wait." I'm so excited to feed this little one, dress it up in cute onesies and just have it's small warm body pressed against mine. It's gonna be so much fun!!

No comments: