Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Accountability

Yesterday evening I struggled with the possibilities of either exercising after work or getting my nails done. Try and guess which one I REALLY wanted to do. So I texted my friend Jaclyn & said "HELP! I don't want to work out tonight. I need some encouragement!" And that she did, just a little note to get me off my growing butt. The other catalyst to my healthy decision is the beach trip we have in a few weeks.

I did it. I worked my muscles until fatigue set in and I could absolutely no longer lift another weight. Besides, I got to wear another cute new shirt. Speaking of this shirt, it's funny how Sweetie's can think one fashionable item in the wardrobe is dorky while we LOVE it. My answer to that, "Sweetie just doesn't know what is and isn't cute. I think I should know, I have a degree in fashion!" I digress...

This morning while driving into work, a hormone surge prompted me to be enthusiastic about having a baby and loosing the baby weight. I think it will be fun to take the little Tike to the YMCA with friends, in it's cute little car seat while everyone ooh's and aww's about the chubby cheeks (have I mentioned I really want a chubby baby? much to my Sweetie's chagrin). For some reason this thought put a smile on my face, and I'm sure when Cary reads this post he'll have a smile as well.

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

way to go!

Jessica said...

I'd love to go to the Y with our kiddos!