Only I would somehow be able to jack my neck up by getting out of bed. At approximately 3 AM the bathroom called my name for a second time. While pushing my body up out of bed I somehow twisted my neck to create a sharp, intense pain from the top of my neck down to between my left shoulder blade. Of course I was cursing my body and asking God "WHY ME? WHY DO I HAVE TO GO PEE? WHAT THE HECK?" Approximately 1/2 hr. later I could barely move and decided it would be best to make an ice pack to calm the stressed out muscle. That's when I realized it was 4 AM. LOVELY. Somehow or another I would guess around 5:30 or 6:00 I finally fell back asleep dreaming and praying the hours would pass quickly until I could make it to my chiropractor.
7:30 I rolled up to his office and after more twisting and popping I sat up from his table and said "Hey! It still hurts!" To which Dr. Johnson replied "I'M NOT GOD!" True. So I just have to wait out the muscle ache and take my time turning to check my blind spot while driving.
On a good note the work day went pretty quickly. I called Cary about 5:00 and asked if he wanted to meet me at the gym. We haven't done that in such a long time. So for about an hour we sat next to each other riding the stationary bike. I flipped through magazines and asked him if he liked this nursery design or that house plan (some he liked some he didn't) and it was so nice to just be together. Post work out stretches are the absolute best.
Now I feel refreshed, ready to shower and relax with another ice pack. Thankfully as the hours pass I find a better range of motion in the neck. Lord I hope this doesn't happen again any time soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment