My mom cracks me up. We were on the phone this morning and she was telling me all about her latest baby dream. This time it was a little boy and I had left them together for a few days where I couldn't be reached. For some reason she had no food for him and was consumed by the thought and worry of not being able to feed the poor child. However, the baby was doing great, happy spirit and acted like he could care less about food (that must be Cary coming out in the dream baby). They played together and just had a great time. Of course mom laughed all throughout the story and is just beaming with excitment.
The most likely reason for her enthusiasm is our drs. appt tomorrow. It's the first ultrasound and check up. Cary and I chatted a bit about what to expect and as the time creeps closer I'm getting more anxious and nervous. There are many things I could worry about, but somewhere deep inside I'm choosing not to worry about them. I just don't know what to think or expect. I'm not sure how I'll react to what ever news we get tomorrow. Right now, i'm most excited to take home a picture. Why, I have no clue. Maybe because I'm hoping in some way that a picture will help me feel like this is REAL. The worst of my symptoms are over and now I just feel like I'm getting fat.
Oh, something exciting. I figured out yesterday that I will complete my 10th week on Thursday. For a while now I've been really confused with the pregnancy weeks thing and determining what week I am. Babycenter.com says I'm 9 weeks, which I guess is accurate but to know that I'm closer to 10 weeks rather than just beginning my 9th week helps me to feel better. It's just an easier pill to swallow knowing that I have about 2 -1/2 weeks before my clothes begin to not fit, I feel more on target with the slow progressive tightness I'm experiencing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment