Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Sleep update: I made it to 6:40 this morning. Probably would have slept longer except I forgot to turn off my alarm from my run yesterday morning, so that woke me up 1/2 way. I was so exhausted from yesterday, no naps. Yes, I was a little cranky by the time we went to bed.


Today is Father's Day. I am giving Cary a precious "Father To Be" card.

The scripture is from our sermon last night. It reads: "As you know, we dealt with each one of you like a father with his children, urging and encouraging you and pleading that you lead a life worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom & glory." 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12

This passage and sermon reminded me of the incredible responsibility we have ahead of us. Both of our fathers have full filled this passage and only now can I look back on my relationship with my dad and see what a fantastic job he has done. I am so thankful to have a dad who walks with Christ and has passed this blessing on to me. My prayers now will include seeking a preparedness for what is to become of this life that grows inside of me. That Cary will be the father who will encourage our children to follow Christ, not only through his words but his actions as well. That he will listen to them and create a dialogue in which he may counsel them through life's ups and downs. And that he will be able to firmly establish the non negotiables of our house, the boundaries by which we will live our lives and teach our children to do the same. It's a tall order, but I have no doubt that Cary will succeed. He always does.

No comments: