Thursday, June 19, 2008

Coeur d'Alene Update

Here we are in Coeur D'Alene preparing for Cary's second Ironman. It's crazy being here around folks who drink and party, all the while I'm sitting quietly with a big secret. Preparing for the trip was the first day when I could have really used a glass of wine. Tonight, making a fantastic lasagna dinner was the second night I could have used a glass of wine.

Boy, the trip was tough. I was so tired and the first flight to Minneapolis was okay, I was able to sleep. The second leg, however was a bit of a challenge. At some point during any flight travel I feel nauseous, bloated and gross but yesterday was the worst. Cary has been so supportive and loving. Frequently he asked if I was feeling okay. When the stewardess came by he automatically ordered me some tomato juice and kept an eye out for me and making sure I ate lots of meals.

I just seem to get to a place (usually mid afternoon) when I'm so tired I can hardly think. My body wants to shut down. And now the slightest bit of nausea is setting in. Every day I thank God for providing me with opportunities to rest.

Last night we arrived around 3:00 AM east coast time. At some point in the middle of the night I woke up and seriously didn't know if it was am or pm. Now that is by far the strangest feeling I've had in a long time. I also had a dream that I slept through Cary's race. He completed the Ironman and I didn't remember a thing. I think that's b/c right when I went to sleep I was worried that a 12+ hr. day for me cheering is exhausting enough, not to mention the pregnancy and trying to keep it from everyone I'm living with! Finally, I dreamt that my mom figured out I was pregnant before Cary and I got to tell her. She didn't have the enthusiastic response that I expected. So sad! On the flip side, I woke up and pondered on this dream and realized that I am so excited to tell my parents. Thank goodness they are out of town and we are out of town so it doesn't slip!

One more thing, just to remind myself of this. While I was doing many errands on Wed. morning I was getting out of the car in the Blockbuster parking lot and had a significant pain across my abdomen. It was like a horizontal muscle cramp of some sort. I bend over and grabbed my stomach with fear. It was short and brief. Later in the afternoon as I was packing it came back but I figure it must be something normal since I'm not bleeding. Hmm....

Oh well, I think we will be going to bed here soon.

No comments: