Friday, November 6, 2009

Another Day Of Trying To Be A Mom

At this exact moment I think I'm going to lose my mind.

I need to relax. Physically. But I can't.

When Ellery & I got home it was about her nap time.

I put her down, and she went down just fine.

Then I get downstairs and look at the baby monitor.

She was moving.

For 45 minutes she has been crawling and pulling herself up onto her knees in her crib.

Sitting, clapping, playing and squealing.

Ellery. You need to SLEEP!

I need to sleep!!

Lord help me.....

Random: why is it that my neighbor can not keep their dog in their own yard. It drives me CRAZY that it runs around my front yard all day long!

Yes, I'm in a mood.

45 MINUTES LATER...

Okay, so I was hmm...how should I say....not paying attention.

I went upstairs to get Ellery out of the crib and found a VERY full dirty diaper. That would be a big contributor to the lack of napping.

Then I fed her. She ate A LOT (carrots, oatmeal w/tahini, yogurt w/vanilla and bananas-thanks Shannon for the vanilla idea).

Now she's rubbing her eyes and acting sleepy. So we are making another attempt at a nap.

Hopefully it works this time.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok, the random comment about your neighbor's dog cracked me up. And hey, at least Ellery plays happily in her crib. You still get a break. She could have been screaming ;)

Michelle said...

I was just reading about tahini and thinking I needed to give it a try....where do you find that in the grocery store??