Ellery went to the doctors this morning for her 9 month check up.
Here are the stats:
Weight: 17 lbs. 6 oz. (25%)
Height: 27" (25% - 50%)
Head: 17 3/8" (50% - 75%)
She is right on target with her developmental skills! The doctor said he saw some teeth popping through, although when I take a look I don't really see anything. But I'll trust him on that since he knows what to look for.
Over the next 3 months I am supposed to be introducing more finger foods and gradually moving away from "baby" food. I wonder how tough this will be. It seems like just in the last 2 weeks I've finally found my groove with feeding her breakfast, lunch & dinner! Tonight I steamed up some veggies so instead of pureeing them, I'll just cut them up and see how it goes. My biggest fear is her choking. Dr. Mapp said that's a very normal fear but as long as I keep the food small and can mash it between my fingers then she should be okay.
She did get a shot and although there was a moment of frustration she did pretty well. There were no side effects this afternoon, which I was happy about.
I'm looking forward to her first Thanksgiving. I'll probably let her try as many foods as she would like. I also really want to get her a new outfit to wear on my favorite holiday, but we'll have to see about that.
Another cute thing she started a few days ago is signing "more" or clapping. We've been working on this for a while now and I can definitely tell she's signing "more" when prompted but other times throughout the day she's start clapping. Her clapping motion is the same for the "more" sign. Either way it's super cute!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment