Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thank God for good friends, that's all I have to say. Jaclyn and I had lunch today and we were talking about the last month of pregnancy and all the emotions and hormones that come along with it. She was so comforting in perfectly verbalizing how it is challenging to accept change the last month of pregnancy.

I am fighting to hold on (with clenched hands until my last breath) to everything that has been "normal" in life for the past year. I refuse to relocate myself to the second floor of our house and the new master bedroom that awaits me. Cary has been working so hard on finishing the master bed and bath but I can not bring myself to move. Its enough for me to have to finish a nursery, much less try to nest into a new bedroom.

I know change in life is inevitable, and there are many times that I welcome it. But this is different and something I've never experienced before. I am excited to have this baby and meet Sweets, but the fact is adapting to our new role of parent will affect us and "normal" will just be different. In the mean time I'm going to savor every last moment of my pre-baby life.

Insightful friends are such a blessing. They can really help a very pregnant lady feel good!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I completely understand Leah. As my due date draws closer, the reality of all the change that is about to hit us grows larger and larger! Well...it's too late now, so here we go! :)