WARNING! Not everyone might want to watch this video or look at this photo.
Christmas Eve Cary surprised me by taking me a super fancy restaurant here in town. As we were walking in he carried a gift bag and a large rectangular wrapped gift. I figured it was an early "special" Christmas present.
Much to my surprise he informed me, while the waitress was taking our drink order, that I was going to find out the sex of our baby! I was shocked; but even more shocked when he said that he already knew what we were having! This news threw me for such a loop I could barely order my drink. It also made me really nervous.
For several weeks we had been discussing opening the envelope. I told Sweetie that if we opened it I wanted it to be a big surprise and something just between the 2 of us. It felt like the right time to know. Baby showers are quickly approaching and registering for gender neutral things isn't as easy as I orginally thought. I also told him that if for planning purposes he needed to find out the gender first, I was okay with it. So although I was shocked he knew, I was not upset.
I kept putting it off through out the entire dinner. Cary offered to open the gifts after we ordered dinner. I said "NO! We have to wait until dessert." Then it was "We have to wait until dessert arrives at the table. I don't want any of the wait staff busting up in on our moment."
Dessert arrived and I was given a choice. In the gift bag was the envelope and a gender specific item. I could open either one to find out. Of course I chose the envelope!
So here is a little video clip taken at the moment I opened the envelope!!
We are so excited! This was absolutely the BEST gift ever. The second gift that Cary brought in was a painting he had made for the nursery with the baby's name on it.
Now the name is something you'll have to wait to find out! And considering there are only 6 weeks left, I doubt we will change our minds on this one!! :)
4 comments:
You crack me up with "what the heck does three white lines mean!?" hahaha Congratulations on your DAUGHTER!
Congratulations!! That is so exciting, and so fun that you have it caught on video...what a great idea! Have fun making your final preparations!
totally crying. thanks for sharing that moment with us!
That video is so great! Even though you told me a couple weeks ago, as I watched you open the envelope, I was nervous!! I'm so happy for you both!
Post a Comment