Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Stats

Back now from the drs. appt.

No weight gain (thank you Lord). I didn't mention this before but the first time back to the doctors after Christmas I actually LOST a pound! Okay, what?! I think this just goes to show that lots of Christmas cookies and holiday food is only good for you! ;)

All standard testing is right on target and normal. My tummy measures right on schedule. I have not dilated but am 20% effaced. Now, I'm satisfied with this progress and will set my expectations that this will be the norm for the next couple of weeks.

Last night Cary and I were discussing how close we are to having this baby along with going through some things we need to get done sooner rather than later. For example, installing the car seat bases in our cars. Okay, so that was the only thing I can think that we need to get done.

The bedding is on the bed. I have purchased a package of diapers (for some reason the last few weeks I've felt like having diapers meant I was "ready") and we have some clothes. Okay, not SOME clothes A LOT of clothes. Jaclyn has loaned us the clothes her daughter wore when she was a baby. Thank you so much Jaclyn!!

Now that the breastfeeding class is complete I think we are O.K. if she arrives early. We'll just have to hang some sheets over the windows, but that's no big deal.

No comments: