Thursday, January 8, 2009

34 Weeks

Today has been an emotional day. It started off on the wrong foot and as much as I tried to keep a positive attitude, I wasn't 100% successful. So at 8:00 PM this is what I look like.


The non matching outfit is obviously all about comfort. A black tank top is because it's cold outside and I always like to wear a t-shirt. The tan cardigan is because I was "DONE" with the pink pre-pregnancy sweater I started the day with and ditched at lunch. It just isn't cute on a belly such as mine. These are the green polka-dot PJ pants I purchased at Target a few months ago. I believe this is the trip that I burst into tears in the middle of the PJ department as I was expressing to Cary my lack of "cuteness." The jeans I wore earlier today expired sometime around 5:30 PM. And of course I can not forget my new Ugg slippers. Thank God for Moms; a birthday present I cheris. And in my book, these slippers "go with everything." Finally, the hot tea. I have Kathryn to thank for that little piece of heaven. As I sip, I relax every aching muscle in my body (which at this point in the evening is pretty much every muscle God gave me).

Now, here is my 34 week belly. At this exact moment I was saying to Cary "It Hurts!"

Then he made me laugh. :)

Yes, my body is falling apart and I'm convinced this child of mine is going to rip through my stomach at any given moment like something out of a horror movie. It's not even funny how uncomfortable I am at this moment.
Somehow I know that tomorrow morning I will feel slightly better. It might have something to do with the hot tea and cookies I just made. Kinda strange that I feel like my stomach is going to stretch beyond my imagination yet I keep eating!!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

oh, sweet friend, i feel your pain. these will be a long few weeks...but then you get to meet HER! yea!!!

Michelle said...

You are just TOO cute! :)

Ali said...

Hang in there, keep your eyes on the prize! That belly WILL shrink back down again.