Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Egg McMuffin

I'm really craving an egg mcmuffin this morning. I think it's b/c I was trying to avoid a long traffic line and spotted a McDonald's in the distance (actually one turn up from my destination). So the thought came to mind and as quickly as that I justified NOT getting one with,

-I don't feel like spending money this morning
-I already have yogurt & fruit in my car for breakfast
-The calories are probably pretty scary
-I can get Cary to take me this weekend
-It's free calories if I eat it on the weekend
-I'll have bad breath

Okay so now I'm curious to know how many calories REALLY ARE in an egg mcmuffin (cause I could rationalize the healthiness until the cows come home)

300 calories, 110 are from fat & there are 12 g of fat. Hmm, how many grams = % of daily value? Don't worry I'm not going that far in my research. So now we all know....BUT if I were an Olympic Athlete, I wouldn't think twice about the couple of bucks or few hundred calories. I would follow Nike's lead and "just do it."

No comments: