Saturday, September 13, 2008

Long week with out an update!

Okay, we have been at the beach for a week and I totally slacked on posting. So I apologize. But in my defense I wanted to relax and not think about anything. Hind site I should have done something b/c we were given a lot of fantastic advice from several close friends who are parents. I'll try to recall my lessons and put them in another post. Cary got an ear full from several of his guy friends who have kids. It was comforting to know he was being advised as to what to expect during labor and the first few months of being a parent.

I still haven't felt the baby move. All week I was just hoping and "listening" to my body in anticipation. Oh well, soon enough. I go to the doctors on Tuesday and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat again.

We took this time to have our "Ayers Family Strategic Planning" meeting. This is when we sat down and both discussed several issues and expectations we foresee over the next 5 years. Individually we made a list of topics and took Friday night as our date night to discuss. With out a specific plan we headed to some Italian restaurant and after walking in we were threatened by the silence. There was only 1 table occupied with 2 couples dining and they weren't talking. Nothing. No words the entire time we were there, and that was for like 15 minutes. For the first time in my life, we actually walked out. But I didn't care b/c Cary wasn't comfortable with the silence and since we were discussing important stuff, we both had to be comfortable. Anyway, we headed to another restaurant that was full and the atmosphere was great. Much to my surprise our family planning meeting went really well. By "really well" I mean neither one of us were upset or frustrated at any point of conversation. I was anticipating getting really mad for some reason. I guess filling my day, prior to our date, with prayer actually worked! We have some good "Action Items" to move forward on and I feel very comfortable.

So not only was the week relaxing, but productive as well!

No comments: