Wednesday, August 19, 2009

6 Months!





Our 6 month old baby!!

I placed Ellery sitting up straight on the sofa, turned my back for 2 seconds and somehow she pushed the pillow out of the way and fell to the side. Sitting just like that!

We head to the doctors next week for the official weight/height check.

But here's what our little one is getting into now:

She LOVES glasses, like the drinking kind...although she does like to grab my eye glasses and Papa's eye glasses...

Don't think about trying to drink from a cup when you're holding Ellery cause she'll reach with both arms to take the glass from you, pull it to her lips and lap the inside of the cup. Cracks me up. We do have a sippy cup that she plays with. I'm not sure what to do with it other than fill it with water and let her have at it. She hasn't figured out how to suck from it yet. For now she just likes grabbing the handles, chewing on the tip and tossing it around.

She reaches for EVERYTHING and grabs with every ounce of strength she's got. That's all fine and dandy until her fingernails get long and she starts scratching my face, neck and eyes.



When I pick her up in the morning, or after naps, she'll wrap both arms around my neck and open her mouth so wide to plant kisses all over me. Oh, how my heart melts.

She can almost sit up on her own.







A few times during these pictures she fell back and bumped her head.



Nothing a little love can't fix.



Ellery wont sleep anywhere but her crib. Well, she'll fall asleep in her car seat during the ride home but long gone seem the days when she would nap with me on the sofa or sleep in my arms. I was shocked when she did this with Cary the other day. So sad, I want my baby back!!



She seems to be waking up to life lately. There is so much to see and do! Although, in comparison to some of our other friends it's clear Ellery is a thinker. She watches and takes everything in. She can talk it up as well. Typical girl.

The other day when Cooper Robinson was over he was moving and shaking all over the Man Room. All while Ellery hung out in her bouncy seat just staring at him. She hardly moved, just taking his energy in. But a bit later, once Cary got home, Ellery let her verbal self go and finally it was Cooper's turn to sit in amazement of her! She just chatted his ear off and wouldn't stop...until we put her to bed. I guess that's just the difference between boys and girls!

But oh my gosh, she is so much fun at this age. There are some nights when I lay in bed thinking....why can't Ellery wake up so we can play?! I love being her mom. It truly is one of the best experiences of my life.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

loved this post! and i've loved watching you be a mom!!!

Ali said...

hooray! I am so glad your a mommy too. I can't wait to hang out by the pool and chat it up!

Shannon said...

Such a sweet post. I can't wait for that age again. 6 months and 2.5 years were my favorite with Sean. I hate that we live so far away...I can't wait for the opportunity to spend some time with you as a Mommy one of these days. Give Miss Ellery a big smooch for me!