We are heading to the beach on Saturday. Wahoo!!
I don't know what to expect of this coming week. Even though we've taken this beach trip with our friends for the past several years, this is the first with our little Sweetie. Every family present will have children and that can be a bit chaotic, but I'm not going to let myself stress over it.
Quite honestly I'm more stressed about packing and getting our life in order to be able to go on vacation. That is what gets me all zinged up inside. And this is why I feel like this past week has FLOWN by. Why is vacation book ended with stress?
So I sit here, watching Ellery nap on the baby monitor, knowing I should be packing myself, making a list of "don't forget" and a million other things. And very soon I'll be saying to myself (yes, sometimes out loud), "One thing at a time, Leah." Otherwise I'll get distracted and never finish 1 thing.
So off I go to be focused and prepare our family for a week at the beach. Fun times are ahead!!
Oh, did I mention I'm running 13 miles tomorrow morning before we leave town? Yea, add "mentally prepare for longest run in the past 2 years" (with my husband who always manages to push me beyond my physical limits) to my list. Nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Leah,
I just looked in on your blog and can't get over how adorable Ellery is!!! Looks like you guys are really enjoying parenthood and I'm so happy for you. Have fun at the beach...its definitely different with kids but lots of fun :) Good luck with 13 miles tomorrow...I'll be doing 5 with the half training team :) Maybe I'll see ya next year at the full?!
Post a Comment