I am so beyond frustrated with myself today.
I have a weak lower back. It happened about a month before Cary and I got married. While doing some exercise in a class at the Y I heard my back crack and then I couldn't move. Of course I FORCED myself to finish the class. Did I mention I'm not that brilliant either?!
Ever since, my lower back muscles want to "kink" on me every couple of months. NOTHING I do can help. I've tried chiropractors, heating pads, Tylenol, Aleve. Prevention is the best medicine.
Yesterday, while holding Ellery, I could feel my back wanting to freak out on me. So I went to the gym, ran 6 miles and quickly stretched afterwards. Hey, I wanted to get home to my kid and we had dinner plans...I was on a tight timeline.
Well I am paying for it now. This morning it kinked. What REALLY frustrates me is that I have a 12 mile run tomorrow, a TON of stuff to pick up around here and a 15 lb. baby to carry around. Life does not stop when my back hurts. That puts me in a bad mood.
So I'll go through the rest of the day with a bad attitude, worrying about tomorrow and if I should run/can run and TRY not to say anything to anyone about it.
Poor Cary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment