This morning went really well!
15 lbs 2 oz
25 7/8" inches long
We went over her development; the exciting "Mamama" sounds, her reaching for toys and grasping them to bring them to her, she's sitting up, enjoying tummy time and rolling over to both sides. She's doing great!
Dr. Mapp reviewed introducing rice cereal and solid foods with me. I don't want to do this. Nursing is one of my favorite things and to think that soon my baby girl will be big enough to not need me for nutrition is heart breaking. Thankfully that's still a while off, but the thought makes me sad. We'll be on vacation next week so I'm going to start the rice cereal when we get back. Good news is this is a reason to go Target shopping and buy some cute dishes and spoons! :)
There were 2 times when Ellery started to fuss during her appointment. Once when Dr. Mapp laughed (why that made her upset I have no clue) and again when he finished up the exam. As soon as I picked her up, which seemed the only solution to soothing her, she started kissing on my face like no other. Here I am trying to hold an adult conversation with a DOCTOR while Ellery is soaking my cheek with drool and clawing at my face. Sure it was a tad bit embarrassing, but more cute in my opinion. She loves me! She needs me! THAT fills my "Mommy Love Bank."
Some moms out there will appreciate this; if you remember back in June (at the 4 month well visit) I commented that these visits make me REALLY nervous. I begin to sweat and feel claustrophobic. This morning while getting dressed I thought about this and specifically chose to wear a tank top and capri's with my hair up, so I could be as cool as possible. It worked! No sweaty palms and racing heart this visit! Thank goodness.
However, I was still nervous. This was the first visit where no one was with me and she was given shots. I knew I had to be the one to hold her, a nurse would make her even more hesitant. As soon as the oral vaccination was done I popped that binky back in her mouth and got real close to her ear so I could talk to her when the needles came out. Sure, by the second shot she was crying and uncomfortable. But it wasn't as loud or intense as I anticipated. Funny thing was after it was all over and I stood up. Ellery looked at the nurse and bawled her out (what my grandma and I like to term the cranky noises a baby can make when they are upset but can't talk)! Haha, too cute.
My sweet little angel baby!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
love the "mamamama!" :-)
You should check out the book Super Baby Food! So cute how she smothers you with kisses!
Post a Comment