Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy 33rd Birthday Cary!!



Today is Cary's 33rd birthday. I seriously can not believe I am married to a 33 year old man. Simply blows my mind.

However, he is incredible. Now, birthday's aren't really Cary's thing. Ask him and he'll say, "It's just another day. No big deal." I greatly disagree with him. A birthday is the one day to celebrate YOUR life. The one day to put you up on a pedestal and express how much we love you, appreciate you and are thankful you are a part of our lives. So no, Cary didn't get away with today "just being another day."

Our good friends Tim, Cristy & Cooper came over for dinner tonight. It was a small, low-key event and I think he liked it. The Robinson's were here when Sweetie arrived home.





Dinner was ready and waiting for us (lasagna, salad, texas toast and an ice cream cake). For a last minute idea I think it turned out pretty well.

I put a balloon on the mail box, which I'm sure Cary was THRILLED to see.

There was a HAPPY BIRTHDAY sign strung across the kitchen window and presents on the table with another balloon, waiting for when he walked in the door.





Cary does so much for me and our family. He is constantly giving. I try to give back to him but I sometimes don't think it's enough. Sweetie, life might take us through the ups and downs; good times and frustrating times but almost 5 years into our marriage and 7 years of being together....I'm still so thankful that you are my husband. Ellery is blessed to have a father like you; so loving, patient and fun. Thank you for working so hard to keep our family your priority. Happy 33rd birthday Sweetie!!

I love you!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

awwww! happy birthday, cary!

Peyton said...

happy birthday cary!
ps. you are also friends with a bunch of 33 year old women :) love you guys!

Michelle said...

Happy birthday Cary! What a great picture of the 3 of you!

Kate and Geoff said...

happy birthday Cary! You guys are such an adorable family I can hardly stand it.

and ps, that cake looks amazing.