Friday, July 24, 2009

Our Week of Sleep Training

What have we been up to this week? MORE sleep training!!

Tuesday, Ellery and I made our first trip to the library. Well, actually we visited the library closest to our house, registered & received our green library card and then found out that since we live in a different county than that particular library we had to go to our county location and register there. Lord! We didn't have much going on that afternoon so I drove the 20 minutes past our house to our county library and got a purple library card. It turned out to work well because the purple card location had the book I was looking for, whereas the green card location did not!

This is the book our pediatrician recommended I read to assist Ellery with her napping. So far it's been a good book! There is SO much information, but I'm still working through it all.

Wednesday was NOT a good day in the house, as the sleep training was just beginning. Sweets has been adapting well since then, THANKFULLY.

Since Miss Ellery has been rolling over during the day, she has figured out that during her nap time crying spells she can roll over in her crib. This has led to many naps and night time sleeps on her tummy. I am not so much a fan of this. The past 2 nights when I can sleep I will go in and check on her to make sure she's breathing while sleeping on her tummy.

That's another thing, why is it that once my child can sleep from 7 PM to 7 AM I can not sleep at all? What sort of cruel joke is this?

So that's what's been up with us this week!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

you're doing GREAT!

Peyton said...

I told you to read it, it's so great! that book has gotten me through some hard times :)

Ali said...

I am beginning to think Mason needs more sleep training. He seems to have forgotten he knew how to nap. This big bed stuff is not fun.