Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

This year our 4th of July holiday was pretty low key. We hung out with Tim & Cristy, ate LOTS of good food and took pictures of our growing babies.

The day began with a 7 mile run and then once I was cleaned up we headed over to the Robinson's. Cary & Tim did yard work while Cristy and I hung out. It's so nice to have a friend that you feel so comfortable around that you can just take a nap on the sofa and not feel bad. That's Cristy. That's exactly what Ellery and I did. A 7 mile run took a bit of energy and Ellery desperately needed a nap. So with the Tour de France in the background we snoozed for a bit and felt MUCH better after.

I made a 2 layer strawberry cake. I haven't attempted the multiple layer cakes much but definitely enjoyed it.





Isn't this little Cooper adorable?!


Cristy and I decided to take a whole bunch of pictures at one time. So you'll notice that babies can only stay sitting up for a few minutes before one will certainly try to topple over the other. And yes, Ellery is a champ at the drool.

Cooper seems pretty cool with this....so far.


Now he's beginning to wonder what's going on.


Okay, maybe it's a bit scary now.


Definitely time for the mommies to step in and take control.


It was an early night for us, which seems to be the case now that we're parents of a 4 month old. No fireworks, but we did hear some neighbors having fun when we were unloading our car!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

i ran 7 miles that morning too! :-) wish i was with you! i was by myself...

cooper is SO cute!

and we missed being with you this 4th!