I'm kicking myself for not blogging about this earlier AND not taking pictures.
I was reading my friend Ali's blog and she commented on old men (like over 50). So I had a good chuckle and was reminded of something sort of interesting that happened this past weekend.
By the way, I can hear Cary's voice in my head saying something like, "this story is already way to long." But oh well...
Our church was having a community outreach on Saturday afternoon. We (Cary and I) made signs that read "FREE HUGS" and went down to a popular shopping street in the Fan. We walked around just offering free hugs to anyone. The purpose being that sometimes folks just need a hug. Especially because life is just tough right now, for EVERYONE. Some people don't have family around to give those all important hugs. And who better to offer a good hug other than me & Cary?!
Cary carried the sign for the majority of the time and I think we both assumed since he held the sign I would be the one to hug. Much to my surprise HE got most of the hugs. Only old men wanted to hug me! Which meant we left and I was hugged like twice and Cary was hugged 6 times (by both men & women). Very interesting....maybe I need to work on my approachability.
Yea, this story was too long. Next time we do this I'll be sure to take pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
um, I am laughing out loud. I would pay any amount of money to see Cary offering and receiving free hugs. wow, you just made my night with that story. I would have hugged you Leah!
ps. I thought your story was the perfect length :)
loved the story! I have never heard of such an outreach. I can only imagine what some people must have thought. Any interesting conversations?
Post a Comment