Sweetie is on a man's weekend and I'm surprised at how well I've coped with being a single mom.
Last night we hung out with Jaclyn and some new friends from our couples bible study. I drove home in a torrential down pour which scared the living fire out of me. It was the kind of driving rain that convinced me that at any moment there would be a tornado touching down in front of me. I prayed out loud the entire drive home. Need I mention it was WAY past my bedtime and Ellery was STILL AWAKE!!
Today was super fun (although I didn't get any pictures)! My dad took a trip to visit his brother in GA so my mom and I spent the day together.
We took Ellery to Nordstroms for her first shopping experience and let me just tell you she LOVED it!! Her smiles were constant all day.
We browsed the:
baby girl clothes
accessories (I found a FABULOUS yellow head band but I couldn't bring myself to spend $30 on a headband)
make up department
fragrance department -- it was so much fun to put new scents up to her nose and see if she would react. Most of the time she was expressionless, unless it was the coffee beans then she wanted to eat them.
We took an elevator ride to the second floor and wandered through all the fun grown up clothes, all while a live steal drum band played in the back ground.
Ellery also took a tour of Finks, the jewelry store! Yes, mommy found something she likes VERY MUCH...no make that L-O-V-E-S; but we'll have to tell Daddy about that at just the right time. ;)
Mom came over for dinner tonight and she helped give E a bath and put her to bed.
Now I just don't know what to do with myself. Sure, I could fold laundry and clean the house, but who wants to do that on a Saturday night? Instead I think I'll try to make that coffee drink (decaf this time) from The Cheesecake Factory and browse TV for a good movie or something.
I am excited to see Sweetie tomorrow, but it's also nice to have a night to myself for the first time in a looooong time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds FUN! i have hardly made a dent in the LONG list i thought i was going to get through...
I love Nordstrom! I would've met you over there to hang out, you should've me
Post a Comment