Sunday, July 19, 2009

5 Months!!

Happy 5 Month Birthday Ellery!!


Here are some of your favorite things:

The Itsy Bitsy Spider song
Sophie the Giraffe
Sitting up (with the help of mommy, daddy or some pillows)
Rolling over
People watching


I witnessed a first last night! You were crying in your crib (at some crazy hour of the night) and you found the binky by your head. You took the binky and played with it at your mouth for a bit and figured out how to put it in the correct way! It blew me away. Selfishly I thought you would turn your head and go back to sleep, but no....you popped it right out again and kept on crying.

You are doing a much better job at napping lately. But if we are out and visiting with friends you refuse to fall asleep. Instead you'll fight the sleepies because you want to hang out so badly! But when we are home, once you start to fuss I'll put you in the crib and away you go to Never Never Land!


Very soon you'll be trying solid foods! You are beginning to show an interest because whenever I'm eating you watch me intensely . We are letting you smell foods and watch us cook, which for the most part you enjoy (or tolerate). In the mean time I'll hold on to the close moments I have with you while nursing.
Happy Birthday Sweets! I can't believe you're 5 months already!!


2 comments:

Courtney said...

what a fun post! can't BELIEVE she's 5 months! loved reading all about what she's doing! :-)

Ali said...

wow! time flies. love the photos with her and Amos.