Friday, March 6, 2009

While I have a moment with a sleeping baby I'll post a few things.

Ellery had another doctors appointment yesterday. She is now 8 lbs!! We have a little eater, just like her mommy! ;) Everything checked out just fine. The nurse told us that she has the capacity to sleep 4 hours in a row, so if that happens I shouldn't freak out but instead SLEEP!

Unlike the first part of the week, the end of this week has been fantastic in regards to her eating, wake & sleep schedule. Ellery is awake from about 4:00 PM or so until about 8:00PM. Now, she might doze off for a few minutes, but she's not in the coma sleep. That means come our nighttime routine (bath, comfy pj's, nursing and a bible story) she's out pretty quick. Then around 4 AM she will begin to fully wake up, but that's when we apply the pacifier. What a wonderful mommy tool. This gets her through the few moments of restless sleep until Daddy can get up and feed her at 6 AM.

This morning I think her tummy was upset. She wouldn't let me put her down with out screaming! We were going to visit with Cristy & her son Cooper, but I had to post pone that event. Lord knows I wouldn't want a screaming baby coming to visit my house, so I wouldn't let Ellery interrupt Cooper's schedule. Anyway, as I was taking her temp. to make sure she wasn't really sick, I realized she had a few too many poopy diapers in a row. So I guess the spicy soup I ate for dinner last night must not be sitting too well.

Now, she's fed and sleeping peacefully. I think I'm going to go get some rest as well, before the next feeding. It's funny how the body can tell you, "rest now!"

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You go momma!! It's so nice when you can get more sleep :) I hope we can get together soon. Maybe one day in the next couple weeks we can meet for lunch. Let me know.

Peyton said...

yay, I am so glad the sleeping thing is getting better, it gets better and better as they get older (with a few setbacks of course so don't be discouraged if you have some bad nights) love you!

Courtney said...

you are so cute. and doing so well!!! sounds like she's on quite the amazing schedule!!!