Monday, March 9, 2009

Chance to Breath


Okay, I have a LOT of posting to catch up on. That will be done very soon. As for this exact moment, I'm partaking in something I've longed for over the past 11 months; a glass of wine. Cary has Ellery in a bedroom, playing music, singing to her and just hanging out. He's giving me "time." This is also the same man who cleaned (and I mean thoroughly cleaned) the house yesterday. He just said to me, "let me know when you are ready and I'll make dinner for you. You just take as much time as you need." Seriously? Where did he come from?


Anyway, the wine is to help me feel like an adult; something about being spit up all over a few times today, having body parts tugged and squeezed to a point where only deep breathing will help the pain subside, singing silly songs and actually working to keep a baby awake requires me to take some time to re-center myself and come to the realization that I am an adult.
The chocolate is for my mind. I forget how much I love chocolate and it's addictive!
The water is because there is still a part of me that feels guilty for drinking a glass of wine, so I plan on maybe diluting it a bit with some water.
Ahh, it's going to be a good night.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

good job, cary! hope you enjoyed your time, leah!!!