Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Satisfaction

This is the first opportunity I've had to get on the computer since the last posting. I might have had a minute here or there to check out friends blogs, but not long enough to do anything with mine.

Tonight I finally sat down to download photos from my camera in hopes of checking off something from SUNDAY'S list. Wouldn't you know that my battery died in the middle of transferring the pictures. My mom is planning on coming over tomorrow afternoon to take Ellery for a couple of hours so I anticipate picking back up where I left off.

Lots has been going on. My mothers parents have been in town. Cary's parents have been in town. My father's mother passed away today. I've cracked down on the Babywise schedule for our little E. This hasn't left much time for anything else. So it's been hectic and emotional. But nothing that other moms can't relate to.

I started this posting because I have read 2 blogs this evening mentioning the infamous "mom list." Well, sure enough I sat down on Sunday and made a list of things to get done that day. Pre-Ellery this list would have been knocked out in no time and I would have gone to bed satisfied. Today is Thursday and I'm still working on the list. Most of it has been completed, but there are still a few outstanding items.

Items like:
BLOG!
Mail birth announcements
Mail package to friend
Return phone calls
Check e-mail
E-mail picture
Oh yea, exercise.....

Yea, life as a mom is hectic. But those few smiles I get from Ellery when we are having play time during the day is my new satisfaction.

It's 8:30, time for bed! :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What is this "mom list?" Is it basically a to-do list? I've lived by my Outlook to do list for years, but for the first year of Sean's life, I didn't make lists. It was insanity, but I knew I had to cherish every moment with him (even the moments when I wanted to throw him out the window). I'm so happy you posted and that you're just busy. Hope to catch up again soon! xoxo