Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Maternity Leave, Day 1

I guess this is my first official day of maternity leave! Kinda exciting. :)

It's crazy how I feel like I have a TON of stuff to do; doctors appointment, return the draperies, go to the post office, visit the bank, pick up pictures, stop by that store. Yesterday I set the day aside to write Thank You cards for the baby shower gifts. I totally underestimated how long that would take. I also figured that doing them at the office would be less of a distraction than home. Not so much the case. I was at the office right up until 5:00 writing cards. Thankfully I have a Sweetie who is willing to help and has taken the last few to finish. My hand was about to fall off!

Although my "to do" list seems long, at least I don't have added pressure of being crunched for time. I am able to work through everything at my own pace and that's the best part. So I'm sitting at the kitchen counter, finishing up some breakfast and drinking hot tea. The pets are fed and watered, the dishwasher is unloaded. Now I am off to load the car with supplies for my errands!

Hopefully I'll be able to get a nap in this afternoon. I don't know what it is about pregnancy but I frequently wake up around 4 or 5 AM and can not fall back asleep. Welcome to motherhood!

No comments: