I look forward to coming home from work every day so I can see your face smile & light up when you see me. I love bath time; you are so funny when you bury your head into my neck when we enter the bathroom and you see yourself in the mirror, as if you are embarrassed to be naked. You splash around in the tub and it's so cute.
I love the mornings when I get to be the first one to take you out of the crib. I'm working on teaching you to say "Hi Dad" when I change your diaper while you wave at me. It's so much fun on Saturday mornings to spend quality time with you and play while Mommy is out running.
You are beginning to army crawl your way around the Man Room floor. But when I lift you to your feet and take your hands you find it much easier and entertaining to walk across the room to Mommy.
So far Mommy has taken her sweet precious time feeding you solid foods. Prune juice was your first taste of fruits (but that was more so you would go poo poo) but bananas was your first experience with a textured fruit. Not so much a fan at first, but after several attempts you seem to like it okay. This week you started carrots and those seem to go down MUCH easier.
Ellery, look at the pictures above; I can make you smile and laugh no matter how tired you are. Right now you might be more of a Mommy's girl, but very soon you'll be a Daddy's girl.
Already at 8 months you're very curious. You are always watching the cats and Amos wherever they are. When you get close enough you begin to squeal and with excitement gasp for air with your mouth WIDE open. Amos likes to try to jump up on you and lick your toes. When I get him to "speak" for you, your little body shakes but you don't cry. You're more surprised and curious than anything.
These months have flown by and we have treasured every moment of it.
Love you,
Dad
3 comments:
wow. precious, cary! and i LOVE Leah's laugh in those pictures!!!
Yeah, so fun to hear from Dad in this post!!
Her expressions are adorable...esp. when she sticks out her tongue. Love that pumpkin tushie too!
Post a Comment