I don't know what's up with E lately. Any moms out there with advice, please leave a comment.
The past week she's been waking up in the middle of the night! Like between 2-6 AM.
I'll nurse her and she seems to be happy and will go right back down.
So the past 2 days she's woken up sometime around 5. The first night I tried to let her cry it out. NOT a good idea. Especially when Cary got up around 5:45 and brought to her bed with us. She still cried because she saw me and started pulling my hair and burrying her head into my chest.
This morning I decided to get up myself and nurse her when she started stirring around 5:30ish.
So after the feeding and diaper change we headed to the Man Room for some quiet TV time. She was obviously still tired because she just watched Sesame Street with her head down on the floor mat.
Needless to say we BOTH took a 2 hour nap this afternoon.
Why is she waking up?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's normal for babies to wake up like that when they hit new developmental milestones. Maybe since she's scooting around more, or because of the new foods... Personally - and this is just my opinion b/c I know this is a heated topic - I am NOT a fan of evereverver letting a baby cry it out. I don't think it teaches self-soothing...but that it teaches them that their only way of communicating isn't working and they give up hope. I actually know of a pretty good way to "sleep train" a baby her age if you're interested. It's a great mix of letting her know you are there for you while being very persistent about getting her to also understand her only option is going back to sleep...but again, I know it comes down to personal choice. ;)
Post a Comment