Seriously, what is up with Ellery? Last night I got up 3 TIMES! (and once to take care of some noisy cats...please no comment from those cat haters out there)
I know that Cary went in to tend to her a few times before we went to bed.
I also KNOW that she can sleep through the night. She did it 2 nights in a row last week. Scared the life out of me when I woke up on my own. I had to think REALLY hard for a few minutes to try and remember if I actually got up during the night.
This is how it works...
11:30/12:00 she wakes up and starts talking to herself. I go in and insert the binky. She turns her head which is classic Ellery style for saying "Thanks Mom, that's what I wanted, I'm going back to sleep so you can leave me now!"
2:00/3:00 she wakes again. This time I go in, nurse her & check for a diaper change (we've had accidents when I don't check for dirty diapers) but she goes right back to sleep.
4:00/5:00 she wakes AGAIN. Last night I went in & gave her the binky. This time she DID need a diaper change so I took care of that but then she got a bit rowdy and I knew the only way to calm her down w/o waking up the entire house would be to nurse again. So I did. Back to sleep she went.
6:00 those dang cats.... (but yes, I STILL LOVE THEM--cary)
7:00 Ellery wakes up for good. Cary goes in and brings her into bed but I'm too angry with her to even open my eyes. I hate that feeling. Just being mad at my child because I didn't get enough sleep. I gave myself 1/2 hr of listening to her coo and talk to Daddy before I forced myself up and again nursed her (not in a good mood).
Something has to change.
I'm not in a bad mood now, but I know that I'll need a nap this afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment