Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ripped

I can't move.

Monday I decided to pop in one of my weight training DVD's, "Ripped To The Core", and let's just say it ripped my legs apart.

I knew it was going to be bad when:
-I was doing some back work out and my legs were shaking so bad I wasn't sure if I would be standing after the 5 minute routine. Yes, I said it was the back exercise portion of the DVD.
-I took 2 Tylenol before going to bed because I could feel the aching coming on
-I got up 3 times to tend to Ellery and thought to myself "why hasn't that Tylenol kicked in yet?" as I wobbled to and from my bed.

Then my marathon training required me to run 3 miles this morning.

3 miles is not big deal to me when....I'M ALONE!

It IS a big deal when my quads feel like they are ripped to shreds and I'm pushing a heavy baby and stroller along.

Tomorrow is 4 miles....with a jogging stroller again...and maybe some hills (depending on where Jaclyn and I decide to run).

And the second day of muscle recovery is usually the worst. Grreat!!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

hang in there! I am hobbling a bit too. I did the leg and back dvd from Justin's P90X yesterday and my legs are stiff too. We are going to look like pretty sad tomorrow hobbling along with our jogging strollers. ;)

Courtney said...

yikes! hope you're feeling ok today...