Due: Middle of March
Baby #: 1
Gender: Boy
Due: Beginning of April
Baby #: 2
Gender: Boy
Due: End of April
Baby #: 2
Gender: Boy
Due: Middle of February
Baby #: 1
Gender: ???
When the girls arrived they were greeted with Zeppole; an orange flavored donut with some chocolate sauce for dipping! They were super yummy and much to my surprise we ate all of them except maybe 3.
Cristy's face says it all; "messy but good!"
We also had Mommy Cocktails, a sparkling cosmopolitan with green and red sugar rimming the fancy martini glasses. Who says you can't have fun drinks when your pregnant?
Lunch included a zucchini & red pepper frittata, sun dried tomato and prosciutto brie and salad.
I think one of my favorite times of the day was during lunch. We ate, talked & laughed for a long time. Jaclyn & Nan shared much needed wisdom to Cristy and I. It was definitely a great time of bonding.
Baby Sweets was moving all around and Cristy got to feel him/her move! Shortly after she felt Sweets kick, her baby boy moved and we were convinced they are just so excited to meet and play together!
Dessert included homemade hot chocolate (oh. my. gosh. that was soo yummy), homemade marshmallows and mini cupcakes with green & red sprinkles.
We shared secret Santa gifts with one another over dessert. That's so much fun! Receiving baby gifts gets me all excited to have this baby. One of my gifts was a soft lamb lovey and I could not stop petting it. I was even tempted to nap with it once the girls left but thought that might be a bit strange so instead I set it on the dresser as another reminder of Baby Sweets (as if the belly isn't enough).
Almost 4 - 4 1/2 hours later the girls headed out. They each were sent home with goody bags filled with Momma Bee lotion, picture frames and a CD of the Mommies Luncheon Christmas music. I also gave them bags of marshmallows to take to their Sweeties.
My heart is so full from these girls. Each one has contributed to my life in so many ways and I wanted to share my love for them. I can't wait for us to have babies together and watch our kids grow up.
2 comments:
I'm very impressed! Look like you put together a beautiful lunch! I recognize the zepole! i've made that before as well. What a fun way to spend a Saturday. And how fun that you all are having babies within a few months of each other!
you are so amazing. and such a TRUE friend to those around you. thanks for sharing! YUM!!!
Post a Comment