(NOTE: This post was drafted on Sunday but finished Monday morning)
I can not believe I'm 30 weeks already! Seriously, it feels like Thanksgiving was just a few days ago!! But things have changed over the last 2 weeks and here's a list of what they are.
-Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant and move my body quickly and then some grunt comes out. It's like my body is saying "Hey there lady...hold up. This belly wont let you move like that!" This grunt came out every time I bent over today to move the vacuum cleaner electrical cord.
-Putting on socks is a bit more difficult and tests my balance. Mostly I choose to sit down to put on socks.
-Bending over to put my feet into my sneakers isn't so much fun either, so I sit down on the floor now.
-This week I've had restless leg syndrome at night. No matter how much I exercised earlier in the day or how tired I am, the minute I lay down my legs get all willey nilley on me and I have to stretch, wiggle and just can't get comfortable. This has got to be the most frustrating side effect so far.
-I feel like I'm becoming tired easier. I try to push myself to get something else done but at some point I simply can not go any longer. That's when I sit on the sofa, don't move & start asking Sweetie to do things for me. This is also about the time when my attitude changes and no one should hang around.
-Okay, this is gross but I have to document it. In the evening, after dinner, I begin to feel like I ate too much food and there just isn't any place for it to go. So inevitably I will have a wet burp and that completely grosses me out. However, if this means my baby will have hair then I will glady accept a yucky tummy.
-I've been doing a lot of reading about what to expect during labor & delivery. It's been a topic of many conversations between Cary and I. Many days I'm scared to death of what might happen, but there are other days when I get very excited. This is going to be one of the most amazing experiences of our lives and THAT is something I can't wait for.
-My belly button still has not popped out.
-I think my hair has a bit more curl to it.
-We have signed up for birthing classes through the hospital and those will be every week in January. So fun!!
-Today was the first day I've thought about registering. But cleaning our messy house was higher on my priority list.
-Maybe that's why it's hard to believe I'm 30 weeks, time just keeps going by so fast and I am trying to keep up with regular things and losing track of time.
-Our neighbor told me this week, "Now that you're 30 weeks, just think about this....that baby will live. Meaning if you go into labor now, the baby will survive! It's just baking and fattening up at this point!" Hmm, that's an interesting perspective!
-When I sat down to eat dinner last night I was beyond exhausted. I said a quick prayer (to myself) that sounded something like this,
"Heavenly Father, thank you so much for this day and all it's many blessings......Yes, we are definitely blessed (image of Christmas tree and shopping trip to Wal-Mart go through my thoughts).......Very blessed to have food (okay now I'm getting hungry).....Uhhh.....Uhhhh....(mind went blank).....Okay......Bye....."
This seemed very normal to me at the time. However, later in the evening it cracked me up beyond belief. Did I really end a prayer with "okay, bye!"? Thankfully the Lord has a sense of humor.
-It IS possible to wake up with aching feet first thing in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad to know all that is going on. WoW 10 weeks to go. I am glad I'll see you over new years. You might need to start sitting in a chair to tie your shoes, getting off the floor will get tricky too ;)
love reading all that's going on with you and your cute body! :-) my hair always got more curly. and my belly button NEVER popped out. and i got to the point where i didn't wear shoes that had to be tied!
can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment