Friday, October 31, 2008

The Belly

Here it is at 24 weeks!



Somehow the picture makes it look smaller than it feels.

Baby Sweets is moving all over the place and this was a week of firsts in that department. The first movement was felt in the wee hours of the morning (like 6:15). I wasn't even fully awake yet and he/she moved. Part of me was relieved because for a while there I was beginning to think that since I've only felt it move after getting into bed and right before I fall asleep, I was going to have a nocturnal baby. Good Lord, that would be the worst!

I felt the baby move while sitting at my desk just working. At one point it kicked as I was holding my tummy and my hand moved!

I guess since Sweets has grown I am noticing more movement in general. I love it! :)

Last night I was commenting to Cary how my body is changing and he told me it was beautiful. That was something I honestly never thought I would hear from him. It made me feel so good and boost my confidence. So sweet.

Let's see, what else has happened this week. I had another doctors appointment and chose to not look at the scale. Other than that it was pretty uneventful and normal, which is a good thing.

I think I'm totally in baby mode now. Cary will be watching TV and I'll say something randomly about the baby all gushy. It seems to be the only thing I really want to talk about. I think he's really focused on our bathroom renovation and other things.

Other than that, not much else. It's hard to believe I'm 6 months pregnant and will shortly be entering my 3rd trimester. There is a part of me that feels very unprepared, physically, emotionally & spiritually. But I am trying to remind myself that this is a journey of which I'm not going to be completely prepared for when the time comes. I just have to be diligent now with the opportunities given to me and trust in the Lord.

Lastly, no...still no strong desire to open the envelope.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

you look beautiful! love all your comments - about how you're feeling, how cary's feeling, that you still don't want to open the envelope. and you're right, you'll never be TOTALLY prepared til it happens! love you!

Anonymous said...

You make pregnancy look so cute!