Friday, October 31, 2008

Amos



Sure, he looks all cute in this picture but don't let it fool you. He has a sneaky side to him. A side that recently has been rearing it's ugly head at us. That's his addiction to chewing. Like the night last week when Cary came home and found that Amos had gone through my purse (which was on the floor in the kitchen) and one by one had taken items out of the bottom only to chew, eat and leave the remains as convicting evidence all over the back yard. Do I need to mention that in that bag was a pair of Gucci sunglasses? How about the fact that when Cary showed me the sunglasses case, there were no glasses inside. Yes, I put those glasses in the case only days earlier. They have yet to be found.

Or what about a day ago when I came home from work and Amos' ears were retracted near his head. He seemed very "lovey" that day, or should I say those few moments before his guilty actions brought his wrongs to light. I got suspicious of his attachment to my leg as I walked around the house. It made me say "Amos....did you do something bad today? Did you get into something you weren't supposed to?" Again, he got really close to me. So I looked out the kitchen window onto our back yard only to find some of my office items (we just moved so I had a box of accessories) which were in the garage now half eaten in the back yard. Oh yes, a lamp shade to a beautiful desk lamp is now in the garbage can.

That was funny night because when Cary got home from work to punish the dog, Amos ran away from Cary and found me. I was exercising in the Man Room (stationary at the moment) and Amos ran to my legs and layed down. Like I was going to do something to protect him. One word "GUCCI!"

I could go on and on.

In an effort to keep him out of trouble today I took him to the office with me. Thankfully that went well. I'm thinking it's his way of coping with a sense of change. Cary thinks it's because we aren't playing with him enough. Either way....Amos has been quite a character lately!

No comments: