Friday, April 17, 2009

YAY ELLERY!!

She did it! Last night our little miss Ellery slept from 9:00 PM to 4:00 AM. :)

I woke up about 3:30 in a panic and looked at the monitor. The video monitors are great but when the baby is sleeping I can't tell if she's breathing or not! So I just stayed in bed, with aching breasts wondering if she was going to wake up or if I should go and wake her up for my own personal relief. Thankfully shortly after I tossed and turned a bit she made a peep. When I went into her room she was still asleep but I didn't care. A peep was a good enough excuse to nurse her. She didn't eat very much, only 10 minutes; and she wouldn't burp. Then I began to worry that she would spit up after I left the room and might choke.

Okay, seriously, what is the deal with all this worrying? I can't seem to stop!

So there I was, in bed, a bit more physically comfortable. Cary is sleeping. Ellery is sleeping. I can't sleep. I tossed and turned and looked at my watch. It was 5:20 AM. It had been an hour since I got back into bed from E's midnight snack. See...if I'm not worrying about your sleeping baby then I'm not able to go back to sleep.

All of this worrying and lack of sleep pales in comparison to the joy of knowing she can sleep through the night!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

love her shirt ;-)

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh....how did you get her to do that?? We are still up at least 2-3 (or more) times in the night with Finley!