Friday, November 7, 2008

Impromtu Dinner with Friends

I've had a semi-stressful week at work and the last few days I've let it get to me. Thank goodness it's Friday because I'm not so sure I could have taken much more. I've been trying to talk to Cary about things that have been weighing on my mind recently but there just has not been enough time in the day.

So I came home from work this afternoon and got to exercising, hoping that an hour on the stationary bike would help relieve some of the stress. Cary came home and I told him I needed some Mexican food. I believe the exact words were "I'm depressed and I want to eat my way through it, so I need some Mexican food." How many times have you felt that way?!

While we were pulling into the parking lot our friends Greg & Jessica called. They were a block away from the restaurant and headed right over. It's amazing how a good meal, some hearty laughs and just chatting it up with friends can relax me. After dinner Cary took me through the Starbucks drive thru & I got a salty caramel hot chocolate. SOO GOOD!! (thanks Jessica for the suggestion). Now I'm happy and have let things go, for the time being. :)

Do these sort of moods affect a baby's personality? Is it important to try and stay positive during any situation while pregnant so that the baby wont be born with a depressing personality? These are the sort of things I wonder about when I'm having a stressful week.

2 comments:

Kate and Geoff said...

Well, is we've learned nothing from 30 Rock, "Talking to some food about this" is a completely legit way to deal with our problems. Or at least thats what I keep telling myself. And I clearly know nothing about pregnancy, but I bet the only thing you passed on to your baby that night was a love of Mexican food. Which is a beatiful, beautiful thing.

Michelle said...

YAY for Mexican food. I didn't get mine until Sunday. Such a good feeling!!