Things have been so crazy lately I haven't had any time to get on the computer. So frustrating! I can't check friends blogs, no reading the news, no following fashion, no baby research.
I had a doctors appointment today and WOW. Okay I'm 28 weeks now (yes, a belly picture is coming) and I had no clue what this meant.
Now I'll be visiting the doctor every 2 weeks.
The doctor requested that I pre-register. Of course I looked at her confused and said "you mean at Baby's R Us?" She chuckled and said "No, I mean with the hospital." Apparently doing this will ease the registration process when we check in. Okay, WHAT?!! I'm not even CLOSE to thinking about checking into the hospital!!
It's now time (actually I'm a few weeks late) to register for breast feeding classes and the childbirth classes through the hospital. Umm, again...WHAT?! Now? So soon??
She gave me a form which is for her practice where I acknowledge that she has reviewed with me the risks involved with birthing. That means she told me all of the possible complications with having a baby. Thankfully I've started my own research and wasn't too surprised by all of this information, with the exception of the blood transfusion part. But still, having to sign a document saying that she's reviewed that with me is still a bit scary. I wanted Cary there to tell me it was okay to sign that paper.
I found out that once I'm admitted and have the baby I should be in the hospital for 2 days, if everything goes okay. If there are complications and I have to have a C-section then it will be 3 days. Can anyone out there join me in prayer that I wont have a C-section?
Can I just say that I haven't spent ANY time in a hospital (like a couple of hours total in my life time) and the idea of spending the night in one really scares me. Although, I have visited with a friend who had surgery at the hospital where I'll deliver and the food menu looked quite fascinating. That's something I'm going to look forward to. Checking out the food. Most likely I'll be disappointed, but it will help me mentally get over the anxiety of staying there.
I did think to ask if the baby was head down or in a breach position. After a bit of poking around we discovered the baby is sideways. HA! Go figure. Now I'll be doing some exercises to get Baby Sweets' head down!
A glucose screening test was done. That was fine but I guess I'm done with all of my blood work and testing.
Now I'm just freaking out and feeling completely unprepared. I even told Sweetie tonight that we should probably go buy some diapers soon. As if that's all I'll need!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know it's scary to start thinking about all that stuff! But it will be ok. We registered for our birth classes around 20 weeks, but did not do them until a couple months later. 2 days in the hospital will go by fast. And I hope you don't have to have a c-section! But if you do, it's not bad :) I can't believe you are at the stage where you go every 2 weeks now! Soon it will be every week. So exciting! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Lets plan to do lunch soon!
Post a Comment